- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 6 oz. plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup creamy unsalted and unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup grated apple, peeled and cored
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 mini dog biscuits
- ¼ cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat together the flour, baking powder, eggs, yogurt, and applesauce and mix until combined.
- Beat in peanut butter, honey, and grated apple.
- Add a ¼ cup of batter to each cupcake liner and bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes clean when inserted into the center. Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once pupcakes have cooled, beat heavy cream until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pipe whipped cream onto the cooled pupcakes and top with a dog biscuit. Serve shortly after frosting or store in the fridge or freeze them. Dogs should only be given one a day.
Recipe found on pinterest that led to this link, also displaying Image from website: http://www.sugarandsoul.co/2016/01/peanut-butter-pupcakes-recipe.html?crlt.pid=camp.XcEBmm35iG4V