If your dog’s birthday is coming up or maybe just looking for a reason to have a wagging good time, the canines would sure love a piece of this cake!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup honey (optional)
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (preferred) or 1 cup white flour (alternate)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 6 cup ring mold.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl; blend well.
- Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
An icing alternative, that's safe for doggie consumption, is plain low fat yogart.
photo credit: Hammie's first birthday. via photopin (license)