A doggy friendly rendition of a holiday favorite, the gingerbread cookie. Let your pooch enjoy a piece of the wonderful season with his own cookies! Really spruce it up with yogurt icing for a traditional decorated, canine friendly, look.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees . Lightly grease a cookie sheet. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, ginger and cinnamon. Mix in the oil, molasses and 1/2 cup water; let rest for 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/4 inch thick. Using holiday-themed or bone-shaped cookie cutters, cut out cookies. Transfer to the prepared sheet. Bake until firm, about 20 minutes.
Recipe found at https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/gingerbread-biscuits