Save the drapes! Every cat needs to scratch, and the Cat Scratcher from KONG gives them a safe, non-destructive place to fulfill their natural clawing instinct. They are made with renewable resources and the environmentally friendly scratch pads are double sided, giving your cat’s paws double the use and double the fun.
- Available in three sizes
- Eco-friendly material made with renewable resources
- Satisfies a cat’s natural scratching instinct
- Single Scratcher: 19.25 x 4.5 x 1.5 inches
- Double Scratcher: 19.25 x 8.88 x 1.5 inches
- Incline Scratcher: 19.25 x 7.5 x 1.5 inches
This, fairly inexpensive, cardboard scratcher came with it’s own little bag of Cat Nip which seemed to attract our lazy Siamese cat. He’s used it a few times as he passes by and so far haven’t heard him try to claw the furniture since.
The little dangling ball toy in the hole hasn’t enticed a playful side yet, personally I doubt he’s going to acknowledge the toy, it maybe more geared towards kittens or more playful, curious kitties.
The KONG Cat Scratcher is meant to be used, destroyed and trashed so it’s made of recyclable cardboard to help the environment. I do think this will last a while with our lazy boy though.
For a cost efficient, and eco-friendly, toy I’d recommend the KONG Cat Scratcher Incline for a younger more active cat than ours just because our boy doesn’t use it to it’s full potential. I do like that this scratcher is on an incline, seems to offer a more natural clawing experience since normally a cat will sit up a little to pick at the drapes or couch.
Received from Chewy.com in return for honest review, no compensation other than the product was given.
Kong Cat Scratcher (Incline Scratcher)
- Made of Recyclable Cardboard
- Comes with Cat Nip
- On incline for more natural scratching
- Cost efficient if not a destroyer
- Meant to be thrown away once used up.
- Probably better suited for more active cats/kittens with toy